Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kenzie Madelaine

Well since I had the whole weekend, , a couple weeks back, with Kenzie, due to a daddy/son camping trip, I thought it only fitting that I should write a post about her. I apologize for my long hiatus, I'm not sure I'm good at this blogging thing, or maybe it is more of a time factor :) Anyway here I am and ready to talk about this little girl. She is something else! My mom says that I say that about her more than I have ever said it about the boys. I don't mean it in a bad way (most of the time). She is just a lot of personality rolled up into a little body. This little girl is stubborn, sensitive, happy, dramatic, outspoken, shy, goofy and serious all rolled up in one. And I am telling you I experience every aspect of this little girl everyday, and probably multiple times! She definitely knows what she wants, and will go to nearly any length to make sure her way is the highway, but don't step on her toes or she will cry a river. And don't ask her to do something that isn't in her agenda because she will give you "the look" along with the resounding "NO". Just take a look at this picture. She can even glare at you through her sunglasses! (no she is not picking her nose :o) )

But yet my little girl is so much fun!I know, that as you read this post, some of you are going to be thinking, well she seems to be a lot like you. Yes, in some ways, I may be raising a mini-me, but part of me also thinks that her middle name may have something to do with who she is. Love you Madelaine! For those who don't know, Madelaine was our German exchange daughter 3 years ago. And for those who know her well, I think I have pretty much described Madelaine. What do you think Madelaine? God prepared me for a girl, by bringing Madelaine into my life, it only seemed fitting to name our little girl after her! Or did we set ourselves up for trouble...JUST KIDDING!!! I can't think of a more fitting person for Kenzie to be named after, and I can't wait for Madelaine to meet her. They are going to be the best of sisters!

So in closing let me tell you the fun that Kenzie and I had on our girls weekend. We went for 2 runs, slept in, went shopping (the girl has got the shopping gene...YIPPEE), out for lunch, more shopping (3 hours worth!), snuggled on the coach, acted goofy, and went to church. What more could you ask for? As much as I would like to freeze frame my kids, I am looking forward to watching Kenzie grow up. And I plan on completely nuturing the tough girl attitude :) Boys, watch out, you wont be able to walk all over this girl, see will knock you out!!





Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment