Friday, February 5, 2010

100th Day

Yesterday was Kenton 100th day of school. I can't we have lived over 100 days into this new phase of life already! According to Kenton is was the best day of Kindergarten. For me it was a day to reminisce over what we have learned and how we have changed. Here is what I came up with:

- I don't cry or feel like crying as often when I take Kenton to school :)
- Kenton has developed in his independence and leadership. Mrs. Miller has even put Kenton in charge of the classroom, as the class "problem solver".
- Kenton has developed in his social skills, making new and dear friends
-While he is still not exceptionally thrilled with school, Kenton has chosen to find things to look forward to and to have a good attitude. What a relief for Mommy!
- I have been intrigued to watch Kohen step into a first born big brother role while Kenton is at school.
- Kohen and Kenzie are becoming best friends
-Kohen has soared in his communication skills, confidence, and has discovered a love for learning,as I now have the ability to spend more precious one on one time with him.
-I have learned how to communicate with a 2 year old again!
-Kenzie has developed into a little girl who knows what she wants and is determined to communicate it to you no matter what it takes.
- I have learned how to really have quiet in my life again. I have nearly 2 hours to myself everyday during nap time! This has probably been my biggest adjustment. I honestly didn't really know what to do with myself, but my Heavenly Father has used that time to draw me into a closer relationship with Him. And now my strength is being renewed as I rest at the feet of Jesus.

I'm sure we have changed in more ways than just these, and as soon as I become completely comfortable there will be more change. Although I would rather have Kenton at home, these 100+ days have been good for all those involved. And I look forward to the adventures that lie ahead!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment